The work on the building of the Kunstgussmuseum is completed. The exhibition will soon be moving in. The half-timbered building, which is over 300 years old, contained a few surprises in its structure.
Among other things, a half-timbered partition was uncovered in which the cavity filling consisted of five different components such as brick, long-hole brick, gypsum screed filling, clinker brick and aerated concrete block.
The oldest cavity filling in this wall dates from the 1930s.
In addition, parts of thebuilding were infested with dry rot.
Among other things, the wooden lintel above the main entrance doorhad to be restored. The door lintel is the original from 1732.
The wall moulding on the balcony above had weathered badly over the years, which meant that moisture could penetrate the masonry.