+++ Currently the Kunstgussmuseum is closed +++
Extensive construction work is taking place on the building.
The Kunstgussmuseum, located in the centre of the town, is a museum where artistic iron casting is presented in a modern and artistic way.
The new special museum for artistic iron casting will also the highlight the historic Marienhof and its importance in the development of Ilsenburg for the residents of the town.
In order to re-focus the museum, a modern exhibition concept is currently being developed with various partners and experts from the metal sector. Alongside the renovation work on the historic Marienhof building, the museum area is also being expanded.
The aim is to create a contemporary and interesting exhibition, which will then also offer accessibility for the first time. Anyone who visited the museum before it closed will have been impressed by the skills of our ancestors. This is precisely what we intend to develop further and make tangible.
Even today, there is a high concentration of metalworking companies in Ilsenburg and the surrounding area.
The history of the Marienhof
Centrally located on the Marienhof courtyard, this listed ensemble of buildings is classified as a cultural heritage site in Saxony-Anhalt and its refurbishment is being funded by the European Development Fund (ERDF/EFRE).
The house was built in three stages as a two-storey half-timbered building from 1738 to 1778. Around 1840, the building was extended by an artistic iron cast staircase inside the building and a balcony porch. The architect of the ensemble was Johann Heinrich Heinzmann.
The Marienhof was the centre of the count's Stolberg estate and the former residence of the hereditary counts and their relatives (widows and single daughters) in Ilsenburg.
The Marienhof domain was built in 1749 by Count Christian Ernst zu Stolberg-Wernigerode and his wife Sophie Charlotte née Leiningen. The son of Count Christian Ernst zu Stolberg-Wernigerode, Heinrich Ernst, married a Marie Elisabeth von Promnitz in December 1738; she died in July 1741 during the birth of her second daughter. Presumably the farm was named after her.
The building served as the residence of the counts while extensive renovations later took place in Ilsenburg Castle.